Herbs For Acne
Ever wonder if there is a natural way for treating your acne? There actually is! Stop throwing your money away on costly over the counter medicines that may not provide the results your seeking. This method involves using different remedies of natural herbs for acne.
There are many reasons for the cause of acne; diet, stress, hormones, vitamin deficiency, but your internal organs also help play a role.
Would you guess that your liver plays a factor in breakouts? When your liver becomes plugged up or obstructed, the toxins that normally filter out of the body are redirected into the bloodstream causing you to break out. To help remove the bacteria, a popular herb for acne used is Milk thistle. Milk thistle has been used to reduce enzyme levels in the liver freeing it of the nasty toxins that have built up. Not only does it help with cleansing but it also is known to strengthen the liver itself. Built up toxins in the liver can also affect your moods as well as cause acne so using a liver cleanse can help in more way than one.
Milk thistle can be consumed in dosages from 500 to 2000 mg per day. Some people may experience some side affects ranging from vomiting to headaches but if you take the correct dosage and drink plenty of water throughout the day this will help in reducing the possible side affects it may cause. Of course, if you are just starting to take herbs you have to test what works for you. Just remember not everything works the same for everyone. The challenge is find out what works best for you.
Here is a list of other herbs for acne. Note that this is not a quick fix. This treatment is to be used daily for a long period of time to notice results.
- Burdock - Used for many different reasons, mainly as a blood purifier. Ridding yourself from toxins requires urinating or flushing them out of the system. Burdock increases your ability to urinate. Thus helping your body release excess toxins.
- Yellow Dock - Used by grinding it up and using the powder when washing your face.
- Red Clover - Helps in the production of bile which also helps in cleansing any toxins from the bloodstream.
- Sarsaparilla - Helps in binding endotoxins (dirty bacteria in plasmid DNA) and removing them from your system.
- Dandelion Root - Helps in keeping your organs clean and clear.
From these herbs an herbal mixture can be made using equal parts of herbal extracts. When combining the herbs you want as much of the herbs as you would if you were making a cup of coffee. To this you add boiling water and let the herbs soak up the water for 10-15 minutes. After it cools down, strain the mixture and drink it 3 times per day daily.
Herbs for acne can be used internally as described above or applied externally directly to the skin by using:
- Grape seed oil - Easily absorbed into the skin and is known for its anti oxidant properties.
- Lemon Oil - Great as a cleansing ingredient and it has antiseptic and toning properties.
- Green Tea - Can be consumed in tea form or used externally to help sooth the skin.
- Basil - Kills bacteria and even cleans out the bloodstream.
- Sandalwood - Made into oils and soaps and can be applied to the skin for help in healing as well as giving the skin a nice glow.
- Lavender - Helps in reducing inflammation caused by acne.
- Tea Tree Oil - Usually applied directly to the skin but it should be diluted, otherwise it could be too harsh for some skin.
Where To Get Herbs For Acne
A great online store that has lots of herbs for acne products is Herbal Remedies. I think they usually have the best prices and a huge selection of products. Herbs for acne is one of the main 3 remedies they carry. Anyway, to go straight to their acne products page just click here.
The Natural Store is another online store with some very good natural and organic acne products. They have some different forms then you would find at Herbal Remedies. Definitely worth a look I think. If interested, click here to go straight to their acne products page.
Related Articles You May Enjoy Reading:
- Herbs for Acne – Chinese Medicine Gem – Herbs for acne might be one of the best and natural way to get rid of acne. Some herbs for acne are found very effective.
- This amazing Debate Over Herbs For Acne – … the common pimple may lie during inherent herbal or aloe vera remedies. Herbs to get acne often function as a come associated with a theory of induce. Herbs for acne might be designed in order to assist the appearance regulate [...]